Are you a writer? Then listen up! Werther & Gray is requesting short fiction submissions for a new book to be published later this year.
Entries must contain some element of the gothic or horrific in dialogue with history. It could simply be dark historical fiction, but does not necessarily need to be set in the past. It could be a dual timeline story, or a contemporary story that is somehow critically linked to the historical past. Narrative non-fiction will also be considered. If you are unsure whether your idea fits the requirements, feel free to send an email before submitting.
- New, previously unpublished work
- Up to 3 different stories per author allowed
- Complete work (no excerpts or parts of a series)
- Word count between 500 and 15,000
- Highly polished, edited and proofread before submission to W&G
- No purchase required and no fee for submission
- Will not consider: poetry, work that promotes hate, extreme horror/splatterpunk (some violence is ok, as long as it’s not gratuitous)
- August 1, 2021
- Notifications of acceptance will be issued by August 8, 2021
- Contributors will be required to sign a publishing agreement
- Authors will receive $20 credit on their Werther & Gray account, one free paperback copy (requested in their next W&G order) and a percent discount on all further hard copies
The stories accepted by W&G will be collected and published in eBook and paperback form for wide distribution and will also be available for purchase via wertherandgray.com. This proposed book is entirely dependent upon the quality and number of submissions; W&G reserves the right to cancel the project if there aren’t enough quality submissions. Publication will be in September 2021.
If you have any questions about this project, please reach out!